Information That We Collect
Depending on how Users use the Site, we may ask Users to share personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) with us. Personal Information includes any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate the Users. Below are some of the situations wherein Users Personal Information is collected:
- Personal Information. Users may register on the website and share their standard contact information such as email address, phone number, name of the company/organisation and the information provided in the comments;
- We may use Users email address to send them account confirmations, notifications, and to provide services to Users in connection with the Site. Subject to Users consent, we may also send to Users promotional emails, such as newsletters, new service offerings;
- We also use Users Personal Information for administrative purposes, such as addressing account and troubleshooting Site issues, investigating abuse on the Site, responding to User enquiries and enforcing and applying our Terms and Conditions of Service; and
- Wish Tree IP addresses for systems administration purposes. IP addresses are not used to track a User’s session. This information only helps us determine how often different areas of our site are visited and the city in which the User is located. We do not link IP address to any information that is personally identifiable.
- If you call Us or schedule a call with Wish Tree. Wish Tree may record calls for the training purposes.
We do not share, sell or buy personal information. We may share the Personal Information we collect, only with User’s consent. The information submitted by users is used only for internal purposes and to provide quality customer service.
Protection of rights: We may release Personal Information or other information we collect, if we believe that such action is necessary to: (I) comply with legal requests and processes; (II) identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who are or we believe have caused or might cause injury to us or a third party; (III) defend or respond to claims brought or threatened against us, our employees, service providers, users of our Services or others; or (IV) otherwise to protect, assert rights, interests of Wish Tree and of our employees, service providers, Users of the Services or others. Any such release decisions may be made by us in our sole discretion.
While we try to be selective in working with third parties, we are not responsible for their use of your personal information. Where payments are involved, we must release your credit card information to credit card authorisation service providers and associated banks to process your payment for purchases, returns or refunds.
In addition, since member information on our Site is a business asset, in case we are reorganised or sold to or merged with another company, we may sell, assign, or transfer your personal information to a purchaser of all or substantially all of our business assets, or to an affiliate, as applicable.
When Users visit our website, we send a small file to Users computer (a “Cookie”) which is stored there so that we can recognise Users computer as a unique machine the next time Users visit “Us”, and which also enables us to, among other things, tailor the Services to Users needs
Our cookies enable us to facilitate access to different aspects of our website. For example, by showing when and how Users visit our website, cookies help us to see which pages of the website are popular and which are not. Cookies can also help us to improve Users enjoyment of this website, for example, when Users request information or service on the website it remembers Users IP address or other personal information, which facilitate quick delivery of the service.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but Users can disable this function so that their browser will not accept cookies. Please be aware that disabling this function may impact Users use and enjoyment of this website as when declining cookies, certain functionalities of our website may not be available to the User.
Opting Out or Unsubscribing
You may opt out of certain collections of cookies or other web- or mobile device based enhancements, by changing your browser settings or going into your preferences on your mobile device and restricting the transmission of certain information. Your limitation of the collection of this information, however, may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant services
To unsubscribe from our emails or other communication from us, you may follow the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or sign onto your account and change settings.