How to shine brightly this Summer Solstice
Hello beautiful you,
HAPPY SUMMER SOLSTICE!
Today, I’m writing to invite you to join into a collective commitment to harness the light of the Solstice, the brightest day of the year, and say a resounding YES to moving forward with our heart-led business!
Are you in?!
Committing to our heart-led business means committing to shining a light on ourselves and coming clean about the behaviours that hold us back, namely:
All symptoms of the same limiting belief, of internalised shame, that we are not good enough just as we are today, right now. That there are things we have to do, look and be, in order to deserve love, belonging, success, abundance, joy.
Ironically, our not enough wound drives us to hide our true selves whilst simultaneously screaming “please see me” deep inside.
Living from the fear of not being enough always dims our light in some way.
And us human beings find many creative ways of dimming our light.
Perfectionism is simply another flavour.
And perfectionism takes the joy out of any heart-led business, as it stops us from taking action, and occupies us with worrying about what other people will think.
I speak to people every week who are both skilled, experienced and wise, but who hold themselves back, who don’t show their light because of procrastination.
When we are in the freeze of procrastination, we often believe that we need to “know more”, have more qualifications or more experience [read be more ‘perfect’] before we move forward to create or up-level our heart-led business or put ourselves out there.[If this resonates with you, I recommend reading the blog post “A ton of qualifications but no business?”]
Or we may believe that our brand needs to look and be a certain way in order for it to be a “proper business”.
We may also believe that we need to have everything in place before we move forward, such as a website, perfect social media, business cards…
Maybe you know what this feels like too?
As a spiritual business mentor to heart-led entrepreneurs, I believe that nothing could be further from the truth.
When we are consumed by procrastination and perfectionism in this way, we need to look within.
Look within to get clear on the story that still owns us. And commit to healing our story of not enough. Our story of fear.[To read more about how our stories own us, read the blog post: Do you own story or does your story own you?].
It’s only when we commit to letting go of fear, of the stories of lack and scarcity that own us, that we can truly commit to a heart-led business, one that truly is anchored in love, and allow the world to see OUR TRUE selves, not the version that we believe people will want and accept.
When we drag perfecting, pleasing, performing, pretending, proving into our heart-led business, it ain’t no heart-led business, it’s a fear [shame] driven business.
Committing to a heart-driven business and leading from Love, therefore means we truly understand that in reality:
- Our business isn’t about us, it’s about the people we serve. We are here to be of service, we are here to be a vessel for love, light and peace.
- The only way we can help raise the vibe of the planet is by being the love, the peace, the light, and that means practicing embodying those things. How can we not be enough if we are the love, the peace, the light?
- We are not meant to be gurus! People want to connect with real people. It is because of our imperfect selves, imperfect lives, our messiness, that we are perfect for the job.
- We must commit to turning our messiness into a message.
- We turn our mess into a message by healing our story, tuning into our life purpose, getting clear on the impact we want to have and who, precisely, we are here to serve. Our social media doesn’t work unless we know what our core message is or who we are speaking to and why!
- Knowing what our core message is about means we can design a way forward (a strategy) that will help us to take steps every day and every week to build our business. Micro steps and micro wins.
Want to learn more?
Today is a day of new beginnings, of shining our brightest.
So today I invite you to take a moment of stillness, meditation and solitude, to sit with:
* What is holding me back from sharing my true self?
* What is holding me back in my heart-led business?
* What is my deepest fear?
Take a moment to get really clear. Take a moment to feel into your body, where, precisely, you can feel this fear.
Breathe. Honour your fear. Feel it.
Allow yourself to picture it as colours, shapes, textures, temperatures. Allow yourself to notice what has been the purpose of this fear.
Once you are clear, say out loud:
“I BRING THIS DARKNESS, THIS FEAR TO THE LIGHT. I ALLOW THE LIGHT TO ALCHEMISE THIS DARKNESS. IT NO LONGER SERVES ME. WHAT SERVES ME IS TO SHINE AS BRIGHT AS THIS DAY. WHAT SERVES THE WORLD IS TO SHINE AS BRIGHT AS THIS DAY.
I AM THE LIGHT.
I AM THE LIGHT.
I AM THE LIGHT.
MY PATH IS CLEAR.”
Place your hands on the Earth.
Allow your body to move.
Breathe to receive the Light. Exhale to let go.
All my love, and Happy Solstice!